cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple public IP Addresses on ASA 5505?

Hi

Is it possible to two or more public IP Addresses bound to a Cisco ASA 5505 running 8.4(2). If so, how?

Thanks in advance for your help with my request.

d

17 Replies 17

FlorianCokl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Douglas,

you don't need to assign multiple IP-addresses - the trick is the MASK besides that you tell ASA where to find the default gateway.

The rest is icing on a cake, and you achive this with the help of NAT.

Lets say you're provided a network with a mask of 255.255.255.248, then nets, or subnets, jump on the number 8.

• 1. net: X.X.X.0, with 7 being the broadcast, 1 the first usable (usually the DFGW) leaving you 5 addresses
  • 2. net: X.X.X.8, with 15 being the broadcast, 9 the first usable leaving you 5 addresses
  • 3. net: X.X.X.16, with 23 being the broadcast, 17 the first usable, leaving you 5 adresses
  • and so forth

Lets take the 3rd example here, and configure the outside interface with a mask of 255.255.255.248 and the address of X.X.X.18 (the first usable besides the DFGW), or X.X.X.22 (the last usable if 17 was taken by the DFGW) - we stick with 18.

• If you want your mail to be available through X.X.X.19 create a NAT-rule where you reference from the inside (IP of your server etc.) to the outside with the address X.X.X.19 (create a object like "WAN-ADDRESS-19" and give it the address X.X.X.19, and don't forget the ACLs!).
  • If you want your webservices to be available through X.X.X.20 create a NAT-rule where you reference from the inside (IP of your server etc.) to the outside with the address X.X.X.20 (create a object like "WAN-ADDRESS-20" and give it the address X.X.X.20, and don't forget the ACLs!).

That all works through 1 cable, 1 interface assigned with the right MASK

Hope that clears the skys?

Pls, rate right answers!

I appreciated you taking the time to answer my question.

d

Hi Douglas,

do you still need help with ASA, NAT, ACL, reachability from outside?

cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card