Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC Active Directory Vlan Assignment

iwearing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anybody confirm whether it is possible to assign Users to specific Vlans based on Active Directory attributes.

Cisco NAC 3100 Series devices will be deployed in the installation. At present no posture assessment is necessary, only Vlan assigment using AD username/password.

The documentation is unclear as to whether this can be achieved.

Thanks

Ian.

4 Replies 4

med_ddevlin
Level 1
Level 1

If you have ACS in place you can use that. I realize you did not mention that you did but wanted to throw that out as well.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008076317c.shtml

Please rate if this helps

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the customer specifically wishes to use the NAC Servers for Vlan assisgnment based on AD attributes.

Next will come posture assessment etc.

I can find no documentation that verifies this is possible using NAC?.

Ian.

I know if you are doing a NAC appliance setup CAM/CAS you can map the OU from AD to a vlan.

Looks like you are using NAC framework which in that case I believe you would have to use the ACS.

vliegen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ian:

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, Your question is not related to the topic being covered, which is Physical Securtiy & Video Surveillance. Suggest to email directly with Cisco Support: tac@cisco.com

Hope that they will able to resolve your question. Best regards,

Hugo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card