cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC agent / Compliance Module CAM auto update

adam_smith
Level 1
Level 1

I know I can update them manually but I was just wondering why the latest Windows agent and  Compliance Module isn't available for automatic update on the CAM.

4 Replies 4

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Well, there is no fancy answer for this...

Regarding the NAC agent, even though it would be a nice feature, it was not thought/implemented...as the agent is a software like any other available on CCO and if you want a new version you need to go to CC and download it...

About the "Compliance Module" I am not sure what you mean, but if you could clarify maybe we can answer you.

HTH,
Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Maybe I didn't explain it very well so I included a screenshot of what I am talking about. I am on version 4.8.0. The compliance module is new in 4.8. But the update feature has always been there as far as I know. As you can see it sees 4.8.0.32/3.4.13.1 as latest yet cco download has 4.8.0.35/3.4.16.1.

Ok, now i got what you were talking about.

So there you can see that the updates are automatic... so what you mean on your question by "why the latest Windows agent and  Compliance Module isn't available for automatic update on the CAM."?

You can make it automatically as you can see in that same screenshot in the first checkbox.

HTH,
Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

I may be able to add to this to clarify a little bit.

In 4.8.0 the compliance module was added.

The first update to the compliance module was 3.4.13.1 and was automatically downloaded provided you left the box checked to auto download the compliance module.

The second update to the complince module the current 3.4.16.1 even though available and having the auto update box checked will not auto download, you are forced to go to download it manually from the software download page. I did notice that after installing the 3.4.16.1 update a new line shows up under the module version for windows. The line about for agent versions 4.8.0.0- 4.80.100 shows up, with previous versions of the module that was not there.

I am not sure if the no auto download is intentional as this compliance module does something else (turns on the version notification) or if it is a bug on certain setups.

I am pretty sure this is what the original poster is wondering about.

Tom Stachowiak

Helpdesk Coordinator

D'Youville College

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: