cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC Agent only prompts for username and login on wireless

jtaylorlbc
Level 1
Level 1

Another question for the smart people of the world.

I have had a couple laptops where the cisco NAC agent will prompt for a password and verify the computer via the wirless network but when I try to do that on the wired network, it sends me to the download page for the NAC agent. It doesnt seem to register that the NAC agent is installed and working even though it is.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Somanna M.P
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jonathan,

The NAC agent communicates with the CAS usiing the SWISS protocol. This protocol uses port 8095 for L2 adjacent devices to the CAS and 8096 protocol for L3 adjacent devices to the CAS.  Have you checked if these ports are allowed through to the CAS for the wired clients?  Do check the support logs on the CAM and CAS suggest something. If you can post the agent logs from the wired clients I could analize and let you know where the process is failing.

Do let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Som

Somanna,

Thank you for the response, I will look into those ports but in the meantime I had placed a call with the cisco for this issue. Eviedently it is a known problem that is revolved by rebooting the CAS. It is a bug that they are working on. I have not had time to schedule downtime to reboot so I will post if that actually solves the issue.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Thanks a lot for the update Janathan. Do post the link to the Bug .

Regards,

Som

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card