Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC Appliance & Cisco Trust Agent

rob_lay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a requirement to implement NAC using the NAC Appliance (Cisco Clean Access). Does anyone know if this will work correctly with CTA in the same way that the NAC framework would do?? I am interested as I wish to use the Cisco Secure Services Client as an 802.1x supplicant and this interfaces directly with the CTA.

1 Reply 1

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Cisco is also introducing improved abilities to assess the security risk of unmanaged or agentless endpoints/devices, that do not support the CTA and are attempting to gain network access. This is accomplished through collaboration with a new auditing category of NAC partner program vendors. Vendors joining this new category include Altiris, Qualys, and Symantec (through the WholeSecurity acquisition). Collaboration with these vendor solutions helps the NAC framework dramatically improve its ability to assess the risk of agentless devices such as guest laptops, printers, PDAs, and Internet Protocol telephones. These devices can now be audited by this new category of partners. The audit results will then be communicated back to the network to enforce the proper network admission decision.

http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/2005/prod_101805.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card