Helpful
Replies

NAC : CAM control over switch using SNMP

wessammaher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have CAM , CAS in Central, OOB,Virtual,Layer2 lab

I can see on CAM the access switch ports status which means that SNMP works but when a user is logged on the access switch , the user vlan is not inforced to be changed to Auth vlan

and he remains in the trusted vlan which is already configured on the acces switch

I can change in configuration on the switch through CAM but the CAM itself cant change Vlan

thanks to advise me what part i am missing

thanks

3 Replies 3

ramkumar-b
Level 1
Level 1

Please check the following items

a. configuring User Pages

b. configure VLAN Mapping

c. Configure Managed Subnets

d. Configure VLAN settings under Port Profiles

halim.abouzeid
Level 1
Level 1

in the CAM, when you see the access switch ports status, click on the magnifying glass icon next to a port which is up and see if it's detecting the MAC address of the device which is connected to that port. If it is not it means that SNMP mac-notification is not configured properly. If CAM doesn't detect the MAC address of the device, it wont change the switchport vlan...

guru
Level 1
Level 1

All access switch ports must be configured with only Auth VLAN (not access/trusted VLAN). Once the client is authorized, depending on the port profile, the CAM will instruct the switch (via SNMP) to change the port a trusted VLAN.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card