Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC Integrated with Guest Server

jetli1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I encountered a problem which happened when I integrated NAC with Guest Server.

Hope I can find solution here!

When I create an account in Guest Server, the account will also be created in NAC as local user.

If I chose "Time Profile - Start-End", the account will be created in NAC.

But if I chose "Time Profile - from First Login", the account will not be created in NAC.

So the guest can't login with this account using "Time Profile - from First Login".

All the configuration in the document including "Radius Client and Accounting" was correctly configured.

But I still can't find the solution.

Please answer me if you know the answer. Thanks a lot!!!!

Jet Li

Taiwan SI

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Federico Ziliotto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jet Li,

This should be expected since only time profiles with start-end are supported when integrating NGS with the NAC Appliance solution:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/guestserver/configuration_guide/20/g_guestpol.html#wp1063409

"Cisco NAC Guest Server Version 2.0 supports only start/end and from creation profiles when used with Cisco NAC Appliances"

Regards,

Fede

--
If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Federico Ziliotto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jet Li,

This should be expected since only time profiles with start-end are supported when integrating NGS with the NAC Appliance solution:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/guestserver/configuration_guide/20/g_guestpol.html#wp1063409

"Cisco NAC Guest Server Version 2.0 supports only start/end and from creation profiles when used with Cisco NAC Appliances"

Regards,

Fede

--
If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card