cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT Exemption Rules (hitcnt=0)

GREGORY JACKSON
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently converting from ASA 5525 to FirePower 2140 w/FMC. As I am auditing my current ASA I see there are lots of No-nat rules with hitcnt=0 these look to be at (0) for a long period of time. I wanted to understand does the NO_NAT rules actually show a (hitcnt) of greater than zero? I don't want to migrate any ACL's that I don't need.

I am going to disable them one at a time to determine the impact, but does anyone know if it the NAT exemption rules actually show a hitcnt?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Pawan Raut
Level 4
Level 4
NAT exemption is also NAT rule and that convert same Original IP to same MAP IP when ASA check the packet flow so it should have hit count when it matches the rule for any traffic.
Could you please paste that NAT exemption rule and show nat de output for that respective rule.

Regards,
Pawan

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Pawan Raut
Level 4
Level 4
NAT exemption is also NAT rule and that convert same Original IP to same MAP IP when ASA check the packet flow so it should have hit count when it matches the rule for any traffic.
Could you please paste that NAT exemption rule and show nat de output for that respective rule.

Regards,
Pawan
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card