Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT rule in ASA for Tunnel interface

Nitin S
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

I have configure IPsec  VTI tunnel on ASA. i am try to configure NAT rule but interface not showing while adding nat statemen.

10 Replies 10

Oleg Volkov
Spotlight
Spotlight

What NAT rule you need?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helping seriously ill children, all together. All information about this, is posted on my blog

i need NAT rule from INSIDE to VIT_Tunnel.

Ok but why ?

Can You provide full rule ?

It is must be twice nat?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helping seriously ill children, all together. All information about this, is posted on my blog

@Nitin S 

You shouldn't need to...

"VTI eliminates the need to use crypto access lists and Network Address Translation (NAT) exemption rules."

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-firewalls/212478-configure-asa-virtual-tunnel-interfaces.html

If you are having an issue, please run packet-tracer from the CLI and "show nat detail", provide the output from both.

i need NAT rule to do destination NAT & source PAT.

@Nitin S 

You want to NAT traffic over the route based VPN? Normally when using a route based VPN you just route traffic over the tunnel without NAT, which is probably why the VTI interface does not show when attempting to create NAT rule. You could try "any" when specifying the interface name in a NAT rule.

If I right it is bug 
gjgjgj.png

Non applicable in all cases thuogh, but the "any" keyword may save your life.

Nat rule that should be entered this way:

nat (VTI,outside) source dynamic RFC1918-1 SRCNAT destination static DSTNETWORK DSTNETWORK

but it's not applicable since VTI interface isn't available, entered this way did the trick to me:

nat (any,outside) source dynamic RFC1918 SRCNAT destination static DSTNETWORK DSTNETWORK

Thanks, this workaround works for me.

this workaround actually does the job when using VTI: nat(any,interface)...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card