Views
Helpful
Replies

Need info on ASA5505

ericlamer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking into buying an ASA5505 but I would like to know if it is going to work in my setup.  I have an Internet connection and 2 seperate networks.  I know that the ASA5505 has 8 ports and I would like to know if I can assign each port to a different network zone?  I dont want to use VLAN but physical networks.  I know it is possible with ASA5510 and above but I want to make sure I can do the same with a ASA5505 (Without the security upgrade).  I want to get an ASA5505 unlimited users. 

So an Internet connection (with multiple IPs), 2 seperate networks, I want to filter traffic between all 3 and route between them also.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

ajay chauhan
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

You can very well assign interfaces to specific VLANs no need to create VLAN interfaces. There are some restriction for 3rd zone base lisence comes as DMZ restricted.

Here is the link you can find out features.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3520270#3520270

Thanks

Ajay

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 5505 will inherently be using VLANs for its traffic separation. You do assign switch ports to VLAN interfaces, with limitations. Please see the configuration guide for details on interface limitations on the 5505. Here is a link to the relevant section.

Hope this helps.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card