Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7710 Firmware 7.3.4.D1.1.bin

I am using Nexus 7710 switches on multiple networks and have updated the firmware on a some of the hardware already. The system file is n7700-s2-dk9.7.3.4.D1.1.bin & n7700-s2-kickstart.7.3.4.D1.1.bin is the kickstart file. I was recently informed the latest recommended firmware version for the system file on a Nexus 7710 is now n7700-s2-dk9.7.3.5.D1.1.bin - but the kickstart recommendation has not changed. Am I taking a serious security/vulnerability hit to continue using the previous system .bin file to finish upgrading the Nexus 7710s on my remaining networks, or are the improvements offered by this new recommendation deemed inconsequential enough to assume the risk?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

This new release is the recommended because lot of bugs are addressed and fixed some vulnerabilities as well.

You can check the release note to see if you're impacted by any bugs.
I personally always suggest going with the recommended version to make sure you run the latest most stable version.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

This new release is the recommended because lot of bugs are addressed and fixed some vulnerabilities as well.

You can check the release note to see if you're impacted by any bugs.
I personally always suggest going with the recommended version to make sure you run the latest most stable version.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card