Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Etherchannel option in FMCv 7.0.0 with FTDv 7.0.0

Hi Everyone,

I have been stuck for a while trying to get this to work, I have Cisco CML 2.2.1 where i managed to get Cisco FMCv 6.4 up and running and managing two FTDv 6.4 however, the option for add a etherchannel doesn't appear.

I have read somewhere that this has been added since 6.5 and above, so I have rebuilt a new LAB with FMCv 7.0.0 with pair of FTDv 7.0.0 but with the same result (No etherchannel option under Add interface) as in the attached screenshot.

FTD-FMC.jpg

I tried many to enable all interfaces, tried FMCv 7.0.0 with FTDv 6.4 still no effect. and I can't seem to find any documentation that state that it is not supported.

Am I missing something here, the only thing i thinking about is maybe something to do with the evaluation license ? Any Idea, Anyone

Regards,

Mo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Mohamed Abd Elnaser Mohamed Mohamed Ali 

It's not possible to create etherchannels in virtual appliances, you'd create the etherchannel in FXOS, which the virtual appliance does not use.

You can configure EtherChannel interfaces, which are also known as port channels.

Note 

You can only add EtherChannels in FDM to the Firepower 1000 and 2100 series. The Firepower 4100/9300 supports EtherChannels, but you must perform all hardware configuration of EtherChannels in FXOS on the chassis. Firepower 4100/9300 EtherChannels appear in the FDM Interfaces page alongside single physical interfaces.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

@Mohamed Abd Elnaser Mohamed Mohamed Ali 

It's not possible to create etherchannels in virtual appliances, you'd create the etherchannel in FXOS, which the virtual appliance does not use.

You can configure EtherChannel interfaces, which are also known as port channels.

Note 

You can only add EtherChannels in FDM to the Firepower 1000 and 2100 series. The Firepower 4100/9300 supports EtherChannels, but you must perform all hardware configuration of EtherChannels in FXOS on the chassis. Firepower 4100/9300 EtherChannels appear in the FDM Interfaces page alongside single physical interfaces.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for replying, I have read that in the release notes and documentation but I thought it is not applicable for Virtual FTD, since other platform now support ports channels in KVM like NXOS 9000v and CSR1000v. but it maybe true if it has to be done through the FXOS which is not emulated in the virtual environment.

Much Appreciated Rob, marking as Answered, have a great weekend.

With Regards,

Mo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card