cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Response From ASA5510

Greg Treece
Level 1
Level 1

We have an ASA5510 and I am getting absolutely no response from the console port.  Not even a blip when I turn it on.  If I leave the compact flash in the internal bay, I get Green Power, Amber Status, Amber Active and Green VPN when I start it up.  The Flash LED flashes Green twice then goes out.  If I move the compact flash to the external bay, all of the other lights remain the same as described above but the Flash LED goes to steady Green.  However, there is still no response whatsoever from the console port.  Have replaced the DIMM but that had no effect.  This is a four (4) slot ASA5510 and I have just the one DIMM in slot P13 as described on a post I found.  The power supply fan comes on as well as the two (2) fans that cool the heatsink.  The other two (2) fans on the expansion module side do not come on.  To paraphrase Bones, "Is It Dead, Jim?"

1 Reply 1

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good quote and yes, total abnormal behavior. If the console does not respond, it is gone by far.

Mike.

Mike
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: