Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to save config on FWSM

imran4u.437
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I have 20 MB flash available on FWSM and my configuration is huge.Now I am having problem in saving configuration.

My understanding is that cf:4 is partition with 20MB, if this is true is it possible for me to do a repartition of the space by taking some memory from cf3 and adding that to cf4.

If this is not possible, then is it possible to use cf:6 for my boot image and ASDM image as it has 64MB space available.

Regards

Imran

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amit Rai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Imran,

what you are saying is not possible.

space allocated for the config is only 3 Mb and can not be increased however it is strange that the config size has gone more than 3 MB

that can happen if you do the acl optimization and then try to save the optimized config with

copy optimized running

try "clear flashfs"

Regards,

Amit Rai

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Amit Rai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Imran,

what you are saying is not possible.

space allocated for the config is only 3 Mb and can not be increased however it is strange that the config size has gone more than 3 MB

that can happen if you do the acl optimization and then try to save the optimized config with

copy optimized running

try "clear flashfs"

Regards,

Amit Rai
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card