Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to use SMARTNet (ASA 5510)

martin_atemex
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Fellows @ Cisco Support Community

I'm writing this because I'm not sure where or what to do next. Here's what happened:

We bought a Cisco ASA 5510 device with SmartNet.

After several weeks, we received a note from the reseller with some information about SmartNet (contract#)

When I tried to add it to my profile, it failed. I received some feedback from cisco representative telling my company name didn't match (ask reseller).

I did contact the reseller and he commited to fix it.

Several weeks later I tried again, but this time with my peer profile (alledgedly the one who was granted access the first time)

When I tried the contract number under the new profile, it said contract is invalid!

Reseller has kept us waiting and waiting and waiting. He claims that cisco takes a long time. I don't believe because cisco IS a customer oriented company.

Now, Is it normal what happened? Do we expect for a SMARTNet contract to be availabe after months of purchasing?

Problem IS we bought it because WE NEED IT and can't wait forever.

Any Ideas on how to contact cisco directly to complain and remediate the situation? Please share your comments and/or insight. I'm beginning to get desperate.

Thank you so much for your time taken to read this post.

Best Regards,

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jitendriya Athavale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi Martin,

i would suggest contact the 800 number and ask for service relations and talk to them directly

TAC Worldwide contacts: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_worldwide_contacts.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jitendriya Athavale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi Martin,

i would suggest contact the 800 number and ask for service relations and talk to them directly

TAC Worldwide contacts: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_worldwide_contacts.html

Thank for the advise Jathaval,

Here's what happened:

I contacted TAC from the numbers you provided.

They were kind enough to redirect my call to the Customer Service Center (1-800-553-6387).

Another kind rep @ CSC did listen and had the contract number reviewed.

Contract number is already expired!

Issue has been reported and will be escalated.

Hopefully we will be able to get a new contract number, otherwise we'll ask for our money back

Thanks again and have a great day!

/m

Great, glad that helped at least in some way, but I hope they give you a new contract number

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card