Views
Helpful
Replies

number of supported VPN client to site connection on Cisco ASA 5506

rc00000011
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

I'd like to buy a cisco ASA 5506 with a basic licence . I'd like to know the number of integrate connection VPN client to site supported by the firewall. In the datasheet of this firewall of this firewall I found only the indication of the number of site to site vpn connection which is 10.

Thank you for all your response

7 Replies 7

10 is the number of supported site-to-site connections which are licensed out of the box. If you need more, you need the SecurityPlus license.

Fore client to site (which is typically named remote access VPN), the 5506 supports 50 connections, but you need additional AnyConnect licenses.

Thank you very much Marius and Kasten for your responses . So I should have a AnyConnect licence to get the remote access vpn. The minimum number of this connection is 50? There is no remote access vpn connection integrated in the firewall like the site to client connection? 

Thank you for all your responses 

The 10 included VPN-sessions can also be used with third-party IPsec VPN-clients or the ones included in some operating systems. But using AnyConnect (with the correct license) gives you more functions and flexibility.

If we are talking AnyConnect then the  ASA5506 can support up to 505 simultaneous connections.

Cisco AnyConnect Plus/Apex VPN maximum simultaneous connections5

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/asa-5500-series-next-generation-firewalls/datasheet-c78-733916.html

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

--

If we are talking AnyConnect then the  ASA5506 can support up to 505 simultaneous connections

That are 50 connections. The last 5 in "505" is the footnote.

Thank you Karsten, I was also not sure about the supported VPN connections. Your post helped me alot.

When you say VPN client I am assuming you mean IPsec VPN client.  If that is the case then 10 sessions is the limit for the base license.

The VPN client is end of support so I would suggest moving to AnyConnect in the near future.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa95/configuration/vpn/asa-95-vpn-config/vpn-remote-access.html

--

--
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card