Views
Helpful
Replies

OID's for monitoring ASA 55xx power supply status and temperature Status

steverelf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Could someone point me in the direction of the OID's that can be used to monitor the power supply status, and get the temperature information via SNMP.

I have had a look, but cant locate the required OIDS.

Thanks in advance.

Steve.

4 Replies 4

Pavel Pokorny
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Do you have ASA with two power supplies? If no, there is no need to monitor power supply, because it says only OK or non OK. And when non OK, then with single PS you have more to worry about than this message.

About temperature - it depends on version of system.

Environmental MIB was implemented in version 8.4.

Previous version of ASA will tell you nothing about temperature, or fan function.

HTH

Pavel

Hi

I've got an ASA with redundant power supplies. An ASA5585. So I have the need to monitor them. :-) So how can we do it?

Also I've made a SNMP-Walk through the ASA v8.4(2)8 and it doesn't show up any ENV-MIB values. The

1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13 tree is not available. Are you shure it's available on the ASA?

Funny is also that the command "show snmp-server oidlist" from the 8.4 configuration guide is not available on the real CLI. I think the documentation guys were faster than the coders. ;-)

Kind regards

Roberto

Hi,

According to this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa84/release/notes/asarn84.html#wp522232

Section SNMP Traps and MIBs I would try : CISCO-ENTITY-FRU-CONTROL-MIB, for your task.

BR

Pavel

Hi

Under the FRU MIB there is only one value:

.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.cisco.ciscoMgmt.ciscoEntityFRUControlMIB.cefcMIBObjects.cefcMIBNotificationEnables.cefcMIBEnableStatusNotification.0

And it's set to the value 2 (false).

Regards

Roberto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: