Views
Helpful
Replies

One interface of pair goes down

samarjit.das
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

If two interfaces are paired into one group and one interface of pair goes down, will the second interface will be declared as down by IPS?

3 Replies 3

sawgupta
Level 1
Level 1

Which is the software version that you are using ?

Regards,

Sawan Gupta

Thanks & Regards, Sawan Gupta

Hi,

I I have a problem connected to this issue.

I have only one IPS4270-20 with software 7.0(7)E4 and I use 2 IF pairs on it. Both IF pairs are for the same operation, and they were implemented for HA purposes. We have two 6500 chassis in VSS and all of the IPS ports connected to these switches. Gi3/0-Gi3/1 and Gi1/2-Gi3/3 are in pair, and Gi3/0-Gi3/2 are the inbound and Gi3/1-Gi3/3 are the outbound interfaces, so it achieves the hardwer failover requirements. Inbound IFs creat an Etherchannel, and outbound IFs creat an other Etherchannel, so we try to prevent an L2 loop when VSS breaks.

The issue what I can't solve is the following:

If I shut down the 6500 IF what is connected to the IPS Gi3/0 I would like Gi3/1 to goes down, but it isn't the case.

I tried to use LACP in the Etherchannel, so when Gi3/0 goes down, the 6500 port which connected to the IPS Gi3/1 should be removed from the Etherchannel, but it isn't the case also.

Do you have an idea, what could be the problem, or I should redesign the topology?

Thanks,

Miki

Please file an enhancement request if there is not one already. For the pair if one link goes down, the other one link should go down automatically.

Regards,

Sawan Gupta

Thanks & Regards, Sawan Gupta
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: