cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Open Ports on ASA5508

wynneitmgr
Level 3
Level 3

I am a novice when it comes to Firewall management and still learning, so bear with me. I need to make sure the following ports are open on my ASA5508. I am logged into Cisco ASDM to manage Firewall, can I see open ports in ASDM or do I need to view open ports somewhere else? Thank you very much for any help.

Port  Direction   Protocol   
22In/OutTCP
25OutTCP
53OutTCP/UDP
80OutTCP
123In/OutUDP
8000In/OutTCP
8002In/OutTCP
23557In/Out

TCP

3 Replies 3

user1024
Level 1
Level 1

Assuming you don't have any ACLs restricting outbound traffic to the Internet then you would really only be worried about traffic originating on the Internet that needs to access an internal resource or resources. You can use the following link for help https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/network-address-translation-nat/118996-config-asa-00.html

@user1024 

I do not have any ACLs setup. So am I wanting to setup "Allow Inside Hosts Access to Outside Networks with NAT"?

Thank you.

That is only applicable if you have a pool of public addresses assigned to you and you don't have a ton of internal hosts. You can utilize PAT instead and that will allow you to NAT multiple internal hosts behind a single public IP. What is your setup? Can you share the ASA configuration?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card