cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PACKET TRACER VPN I am struggling to add vlans to the Firewall

johnmcgrath29
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the middle of building my lab up the aim is to have a site to site vpn between to firewall that are behind edge routers onsite however I can't seem to get the vlans added i have tried to sub int by doing Gig1/2.10 for example doesn't seem to want to play any advice would be great 

as I haven't even tried to configure Phase 1 and Phase 2 yet if I can't get beyond this then my plan might not work I will add the file 

3 Replies 3

johnmcgrath29
Level 1
Level 1

I was thinking can I route the Vlan the vlan interfaces between the L3 Switch and ASA5506 will that work? as a work around?

Hi @johnmcgrath29 

I don't have packet tracer so I cannot see your configuration, but yes you can route the VLANS between the L3 switch and the ASA, this is generally what I do most of the time. The L3 switch will be the gateway for the VLANS and will route any traffic not destined for a connected network via the ASA. The ASA would have static or dynamic routes via its inside interface for the networks (VLANs) connected to the switch.

HTH

Thanks Rob,

I am going to give that a go and see how I get on I have added a Screen shot of what I am trying to do the switching and inter vlan routing is all good and so is the DHCP 

I know EVE-NG and GNS3 are all the rage but I can't afford one and the other my machine isn't good enough to run sadly so I am working with what I have.

soon as I have built it and it works I am going to  delete the file and keep re-building it from scratch maybe add things to it etc like HSRP etc..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card