cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packets appearing in ASP DROP?

KGrev
Level 3
Level 3

*This is branching from a previous post in a different section. After learning more I figured I'd ask the question in the correct section*

Hi,

I have a situation where these things happen, I'd try to describe it as thorough as I can.

1: I can start a continuous ping from device A to device B outside of my ASA.

2:If device B looses connectivity, the ping from Device A will continue and fail.

3: When device B regains connectivity the pings from Device A will continue to fail.

4: Any other device can ping Device B, even devices in the same subnet as Device A. Device A has to stop attempting to ping for up to an hour before it will be aloud to ping Device B again.

5: Device B is able to ping Device A this entire time.

During this time a trace from A to B will show the ASA as its last successful hit. The logs in the ASA will show A to B activity before the downtime. But after the downtime it does not show any activity in the logs.

If I do an asp-drop capture I can see these two items:

-Device A > Device B icmp: echo request Drop-reason: (punt-no-mem) Punt no memory

-Device A > Device B icmp: echo request

I saw from another thread there is a bug: https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCuc40450

But I'm not sure how to resolve it? We do some NAT translations but I don't know if that is some cause in this.

Thank you for any help

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: