cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PAK for ACS ios download with license keys

Gary Lefebvre
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am new to Cisco's Product License and Registration. I want to download the latest ACS software along with the registration keys. I know I have to get a PAK started with Cisco but I have no idea how to start the process, Another thing that confuses me is that I need a Smartnet account and I tried this through Cisco chat but was redirected to a phone number and then handed off four times until being disconnected...

Please help!

Kind regards,

Gary

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you purchase ACS, you should get a PAK from your reseller via eDelivery. IF you did not get one, then contact your reseller. If they claim ignorance, they should be checking the CCW and CSCC tools (Cisco Commerce Workspace and Cisco Service Contract Center - tools used by Cisco resellers to manage customer orders and support entitlement).

Smartnet is optional and required for upgrade eligibility and TAC support.

A registered cisco.com account (Smartnet not required) is required to obtain the license key once you have the PAK in hand.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you purchase ACS, you should get a PAK from your reseller via eDelivery. IF you did not get one, then contact your reseller. If they claim ignorance, they should be checking the CCW and CSCC tools (Cisco Commerce Workspace and Cisco Service Contract Center - tools used by Cisco resellers to manage customer orders and support entitlement).

Smartnet is optional and required for upgrade eligibility and TAC support.

A registered cisco.com account (Smartnet not required) is required to obtain the license key once you have the PAK in hand.

Thank you, Marvin! One last thing I need to know is who/where to buy ACS.

Kind regards,

Gary

If you don't have an existing relationship with a partner or reseller, go to the cisco.com home page and look for "How To Buy" at the top of the page. That will take you to a partner locator tool.

If you're a brand new customer for ACS, you should also consider as an alternative ISE with the Device Admin license. It is the strategic product moving forward for secure network access and includes all the AAA server features for both RADIUS and TACACS.

Thank you, Marvin, take care!

Kind Regards,

Gary

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card