Views
Helpful
Replies

Password Recovery for ASA on FirePower 2110

zekebashi
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have an ASA running on a FirePower2110 . I applied a config of another decommissioned ASA and, now, I can't log in. This is an old password that no one seems to remember. I've searched online for any information or Cisco documentation on how to recover the ASA's password where the ASA is running on a FirePower but couldn't find any information. When I reboot the device and perform the Ctrl+Esc combo keys to get to the ROMMON, I can reset the password for the FirePower but no the ASA. Does anyone know how to reset the password for the ASA and not the FirePower FXOS?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance, ~zK

5 Replies 5

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there-

If the ASA admin credentials are unknown, then you will need to re-image the appliance. Please see the link below for instructions:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/2100/troubleshoot_fxos/b_2100_CLI_Troubleshoot/b_2100_CLI_Troubleshoot_chapter_011.html#task_vxn_r5h_qdb

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

I can access the FXOS because I have the admin pwd for it.

We don't have the "Enable Password" for the ASA. Once we connect to the asa, we have no way to go into the privilege mode.

What is the best way to recover the password on the asa not that FXOS?

Thanks, ~zK

When you reimage the logical device - and BEFORE applying the config from a decommissioned ASA - edit the old ASA config (which is just plain text) to change the enable password to one you know. That way, once you load it you will have a known enable password.

When I am on the FXOS prompt, what is the procedure to re-image the logical device (ASA)?

Thanks, ~zK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card