cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Password Recovery Procedure for the PIX(515e)

Erik Hennerfors
Level 1
Level 1

My bussines have an old PIX 515e and im about to install it in a "testing" eviorment but no one can remeber the password for this old equipment. Is there a way to reset the password?

I've tried this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_password_recovery09186a008009478b.shtml

But when it reboots and I write "enable" in the console it asks for a password, and the password isn't "cisco" as factory default. I really need this firewall up and runing ASAP.

Is there someone here that know's how to reset the "enable"-password?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bmcginn
Level 3
Level 3

G'day,

Try with no password at all.

Brad

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

bmcginn
Level 3
Level 3

G'day,

Try with no password at all.

Brad

Ah, no password it was thx!

Allen P Chen
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

What software version is the PIX running?  Did you actually TFTP the password recovery image into the PIX?  Per the document, after TFTP'ing the password recovery image, there shouldn't be a password for enable.

11.  As the password recovery file loads, this message is displayed:

Do you wish to erase the passwords? [yn] y 
Passwords have been erased. 

Note: If there are Telnet or console aaa authentication commands in version 6.2, the system also prompts to remove these.

12.  The default Telnet password after this process is "cisco." There is no default enable password. Go into configuration mode and issue the passwd your_password command to change your Telnet password and the enable password your_enable_password command to create an enable password, and then save your configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_password_recovery09186a008009478b.shtml#pix_without

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: