Views
Helpful
Replies

PBR on ASA / FTD

BmfL
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I was researching and I could not find documentation referring to PBR on ASA or FTD  but in specific case:

Using PBR where the LAN users will be forward to ISP2 if trying to reach a particular site, for example google. And considering that there are multiple IPs involved on the destination I would like to use url www.goole.com as opposed to IPs and facebook.com. All other traffic would go trough ISP1.

I know from a router this is possible but not sure from ASA or FTD, any toughs ?

Many thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution
5 Replies 5

Thank you. However, I cant see how I could point www.facebook and www.google.com to ISP2 and other traffic to ISP1. The goal is to make this differentiation as opposed to send all www / https traffic to one side only. 

I may have misunderstood the requirement, yes we do see some limitations - if IP yes, looking FQDN may not i guess.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi @BmfL 

I don't think is possible with ASA/FTD to send specific traffic to a URL/FQDN, I think you'd need an SD-WAN solution to achieve this.

HTH

Hi Rob, that's what I tough but wasn't sure, too bad...

I guess in addition to what you have stated it is possible to do it on the traditional router without SD-WAN.

Thank you for your thoughts  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card