Helpful
Replies

pix 520 update flash 2MB to 16MB

noki.chu
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading PIX 520 flash from 2MB(unlimited

license) to 16MB,

How do I know the license is still unlimited?

4 Replies 4

rrbleeker
Level 1
Level 1

A 'show version' should reveal if you are running the limited or unlimited licence (for example look at the number of interfaces supported)

jfrodsham
Level 1
Level 1

How did you upgrade your PIX 520 flash from 2mb to 16mb. I would like to do the same thing.

Obtain the flash upgrade card

Part#, PIX-FLASH-16MB=. from reseller.

Follow procedure below, noting that card is situated furthest right ISA slot on motherboard when looking from front. Remove 2Mb card and replace with 16Mb.

Do not leave the 2Mb in place.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_v51/install/board.htm#xtocid71293

I tried upgrading a 520 from 2 MB to 16 about a year ago. I was unsuccessful because there was no 2 MB module that I was able to remove. Everything is soldered onto the motherboard....

I found out from TAC recently that if you have smartnet on the unit, then a free RMA is available to get a new unit with the larger flash. The engineer told me that it is impossible to upgrade a 520 from 2 MB to 16 MB in house...

Can you describe exactly where the 2 MB module was located and what it looked like? I'm quite confused.

Thanks!

mike kantowski

ccnp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card