Views
Helpful
Replies

pix route add time

ramesh.krishnan
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i have a cisco pix 520. i want to add 172.16.0.0/255.255.0.0 to point to ip 192.168.2.1 .

can anyone tell me how much time will it take to add the route? the pix has around 16mb ram. it runs 6.1 IOS.and has 6 interfaces of which 2 interfaces are active.

ramesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK, that makes more sense.

Sounds like your session may have hung. You cna just close it down, but unfortunately the processes within the PIX will probably still be active. You may have to end up rebooting the PIX to clear them out, no real way around it if after closing the session down another session still says something's using it. Sorry.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure I understand the question. The time it takes depends on how fast you can type I guess.

All you need to add is something like:

> route inside 172.16.0.0 255.255.0.0 192.168.2.1

If you cut/paste the above into the PIX console then it'll take about half a second. If you're asking how long before it takes effect, then the answer is "as soon as you press return".

ok..thats fine...

i had added this route to the firewall an hour back and given "write mem" command...this is giving me a status message"Building configuration..." and when i try another ssh session with this firewall and try to enter any command it gives the message "Another session is writing configuration to memory". Im sitting at a remote place and doing this..im not aware why this is happening. But all the traffic is getting through it and i ncan access any node in that network. Is there a way for me to get in to the pix and stop this process or any other way out ?

thanks in advance

ramesh

OK, that makes more sense.

Sounds like your session may have hung. You cna just close it down, but unfortunately the processes within the PIX will probably still be active. You may have to end up rebooting the PIX to clear them out, no real way around it if after closing the session down another session still says something's using it. Sorry.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card