cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

port-channel on ASA5520

mshatkus1
Level 1
Level 1

So everything I've read on Cisco's documentation here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa84/configuration/guide/interface_start.html#wp1329030 says that I can create a port-channel on two physical interfaces that will uplink to a VSS pair.  However, the command is not recognized.  What am I missing? I've tried executing "channel-group #" on the physical interface and tried creating the port-channel 1st and neither commands exist.  I haven't seen it listed anywhere if it is only available after a specific piece of ASA software.  If it is the software would someone know what version at a minimum I need to upgrade to?  Below is an output from a show version

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 8.0(4)

Device Manager Version 6.1(3)

Compiled on Thu 07-Aug-08 20:53 by builders

System image file is "disk0:/asa804-k8.bin"

Config file at boot was "startup-config"

########### up 43 days 23 hours

Hardware:  ASA5520, 2048 MB RAM, CPU Pentium 4 Celeron 2000 MHz

Internal ATA Compact Flash, 256MB

BIOS Flash Firmware Hub @ 0xffe00000, 1024KB

Encryption hardware device : Cisco ASA-55x0 on-board accelerator (revision 0x0)                            

Boot microcode  : CN1000-MC-BOOT-2.00                            

SSL/IKE microcode: CNLite-MC-SSLm-PLUS-2.03                            

IPSec microcode  : CNlite-MC-IPSECm-MAIN-2.05

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You need software 8.4(1) atleast to be able to configure Port Channel / Etherchannel

Here is the section from the command reference which states this

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa84/command/reference/i3.html#wp1932200

Naturally in your case if you were to upgrade the ASA to 8.4(x) software it would mean that NAT configuration format would be totally different compared to your software version of 8.0.

- Jouni

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mshatkus1
Level 1
Level 1

Licensed features for this platform:

Maximum Physical interfaces: Unlimited

Maximum Vlans     :150

Inside Hosts      :Unlimited

Failver      :Active/Active

VPN-DES     :Enabled

VPN-3DES-AES      :Enabled

Security Contexts      :2

GTP/GPRS      Disabled

VPN Peer      :50

AnyConnect for Mobile      Disabled

AnyConnect for Linksys phone      Disabled

Advanced Endpoint Assessment      Disabled

UC Proxy Sessoin      :2

Thanks

Matt

Hi,

You need software 8.4(1) atleast to be able to configure Port Channel / Etherchannel

Here is the section from the command reference which states this

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa84/command/reference/i3.html#wp1932200

Naturally in your case if you were to upgrade the ASA to 8.4(x) software it would mean that NAT configuration format would be totally different compared to your software version of 8.0.

- Jouni

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: