Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port-channel on FRP 2120

Hello, 

I have a FRP 2120 running ASA 

I am creating a port-channel (EtherChannel) and I would like to assign to it some of the ethernet interfaces of the ASA. 

When I go to the interface of the ASA the Channel Group is grayed out.

From the chassis manager, I have also created the port-channel and have assigned the interfaces but in the ASA stays the same

What am I missing?

Thanks and regards, 

Konstantinos

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@kostasthedelegate that is correct. The portchannel member interfaces are ONLY viewable on the Firepower Chassis Manager GUI or the FX-OS cli. They are completely hidden from the ASA for both configuration and show commands.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Once you have created the portchannel in FCM, assigned the physical interfaces and assigned the portchannel to the ASA; you should then be able to edit the portchannel from the ASA (ASDM or cli).

Hello @Marvin Rhoads 

I had created the port channel on ASA first. I deleted both and created only in FCM and assigned the physical interface. 

I can see then in ASA. 

Nevertheless,  in the ASA I cannot see that the interfaces are assigned to the port-channel. 

In the interface of ASA the Channel Group is still grayed out.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Suggest to look at the video step by step - FP4K, but all FP same as per port-channel concern. ( make sure you created and tickbox to enable). - make sure you reload the ASA  after config to take effective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXf5Uq_AQLw

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I will check it thanks

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried reloading the ASA application post creating the port channel on FCM ?

Regards,

Chakshu

I reloaded it, but no change

I can create sub interfaces 

The only thing is that the interfaces are not shown under the port channel

Maybe this is only visible in the chassis manager, where the hw is managed. 

sure that way it should work for you.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@kostasthedelegate that is correct. The portchannel member interfaces are ONLY viewable on the Firepower Chassis Manager GUI or the FX-OS cli. They are completely hidden from the ASA for both configuration and show commands.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card