cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PPTP through PIX timeout?

koksm
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer that has internal clients connecting to an outside PPTP server through a PIX firewall.

PPTP setup works fine, but after 3 minutes the PPTP connection goes down. We are sure the PIX is the problem.

The PIX is configured for PAT, because the customer has only 1 public IP adres. Fixup PPTP 1723 is configured.

Does anyone know why this happens and how we can fix this?

6 Replies 6

rsmith
Level 3
Level 3

It sounds like a PIX timeout issue. Check the timeout parameters, and also look at the PIX logs when the PPTP tunnel goes down, this may give you a clue as to what is happening.

pmichaelson
Level 1
Level 1

Did anyone figure this issue out, I appear to have the same problem and connot locate the resolution.

Thanks

Phil

Hi all.

We have same problem.

Throgh PIX pptp sessions end after few minutes... while through other connections (other firewall, direct connection to internet and so on...) remain up properly...

We have pix 7.0(2) release (we can't upgrade to 7.0(4) because with this release pptp sessions don't work at all....

Thanks

No, we never got it to work.

We wanted to create a service request with the TAC, but this particular customer does not have the right support.

So i am very interested in other peoples experiences...

pmichaelson
Level 1
Level 1

Can we get a vpn guru involved, i have tried everything i know to get this working correctly

Any solution here? I got the same probleme with a PIX, release 6.3(5).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card