cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence API failed to login

dansmith110
Level 1
Level 1

We are attempting to integrate the presence API into a custom directory application displaying a user's presence. I've read through the Developer Guide on how to accomplish this and we're running into an issue with logging in an app-user.

I've tried numerous combinations of the username:pw by calling both of the following per the developer guide through Postman. The following calls are going against https://{cup-hostname:port}/presence-service and over HTTPS.
PUT /presence-service/users/{app-userid}/session
POST /presence-service/users/{app-userid}/sessions

I've also attempted to call the login method via SOAP with the wsdl and receive the same results. In both instances this is the response...
<description xmlns="urn:cisco:cup:presence:soap">
    <code>114</code>
    <message>Failed to login user</message>
    <fix>Ensure the login data is valid</fix>
</description>

We have tried to change the password of the user and we're sure the credentials are correct. We've also tried to bump up permissions to highest we know of and still receive the same "Failed to login user" message. If I try to make a call against "getPolledPresence" without the required session key I receive a message stating the key is missing.

Are there any type of special permissions an app-user needs to authenticate against the API? Or does the app-user need to be created in a specific way to make this work? Is there any place we could check that a user needs to be in the admin panel for this to work?

Thanks!

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card