Views
Helpful
Replies

problem event viewer in CSM 4.0.1

oabduo983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys

I have added  3 asa on csm 4.0.1 , but I cannot manage ASA logs from event viewer on csm, I cannot see any logs in event viewer, with I, ASA Devices for Event Management, via  :

Step 1: select Platform > Logging > Syslog > Logging Setup from the Policies selector.

In the policy, select Enable Logging

Step 2: Select Platform > Logging > Syslog > Syslog Servers. Add the Security Manager server's IP address to the syslog servers table

untitled.bmp

Step 3 Select Start > All Programs > Cisco Security Manager Client > Event Viewer

Step 4 In Event Viewer, select View > Manage Monitored Device

Step5 I chosed devices that I want to monitoring in Event Viewer, after that I didn’t any asa logs in event viewer, can you help me.

regards

2 Replies 2

asmahesh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think you missed to add Logging filters settings, they are available at Platform->Logging->Syslog->Logging Filter. In this select Logging Destination as "Syslog Servers" and "Filter on Severity" as per need.

Thanks,

Ashutosh

I'm having the same issues and i've configured logging filters but Event Viewer will still not populate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card