cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem web from the LAN Cisco ASA 5515-X 8.6

alexispino
Level 1
Level 1

There is a situation I have a 5515-x handle with version 8.6 and a theme dns when users navigate your website dns resolves public addresses when making this internal users obvimente not reach the site, but from the internet no problem, the dns turn is not private but solved with a public server so it is not possible to modify the entry for this topic from the internal network the same sites are not displayed, there is some function as an alias something oh so help me resolve this situation.

3 Replies 3

If I understand you right, there are two typical ways to solve that problem:

1. DNS-doctoring on the ASA
  2. DNS-Views. If you have an internal DNS-Server, you just place your server FQDN with the internal IP into the DNS
  3. not recommended: Hairpinning on the ASA. But no, You don't wan't to go that way with the ASA ... ;-)

understand the option is equivalent DNS Doctoring the rewrite dns, now the problem that I found is that I can not place the option to nat I'm doing, are of this type nat: 

network object server_1 
  nat (lan, outside) static  2xx.aaa.zzz.ddd service tcp www www

dns-rewrite not allowed to perform work settings

no, it's not supported for the static port-translation you use in that config. You have to use a dedicated address for that server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card