cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS Shaping Policy on Pix 515

ricey
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to set up a traffic shaping policy for outbound traffic on a Pix 515 to restict total outbound BW to 1 mbps. Below is the config I have set up. What is happening that uploading to external sites is indeed restricted to 1 mbps but uploading to our data centre (which has a priority policy) is not restricted. Can anyone explain why this would be as I thought the shaping applied to all traffic.

access-list test extended permit ip 10.172.0.0 255.255.0.0 10.2.0.0 255.255.248.0

class-map bdc

match access-list test

class-map inspection_default

match default-inspection-traffic

class-map video

match dscp af41

class-map voice

match dscp ef

!

policy-map vpn

class voice

priority

class video

priority

class bdc

priority

policy-map enterprise

class class-default

shape average 1000000

service-policy vpn

!

service-policy enterprise interface outside

1 Reply 1

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Verify your class-map configuration command using the below URL which explains about "Bandwidth Management(Rate Limit) Using QoS Policies". Because, the class-map command classifies a set of traffic with which QoS actions are associated. You can use various types of match criteria to classify traffic. The match commands identify the traffic included in the traffic class for a class map. They include different criteria to define the traffic included in a class-map. Define a traffic class using the class-map global configuration command as part of configuring a security feature using Modular Policy Framework. From class-map configuration mode, you can define the traffic to include in the class using the match command.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a008084de0c.shtml#intro

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card