Views
Helpful
Replies

Quantity of AnyConnect License on ASA didn't match the licenses imported

Joey.Chen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had a question that the quantity of AnyConnect license on ASA didn't match the the quantity of license I had imported

Recently, we bought 100 AnyConnect Plus license of ASA5525-X

license01.png

After I importing it into ASA, and I found the quantity of the license had a mismatch:

license02.pnglicense03.png

I just wanna know is there any problem with that, or this is just a wrong display bug?

Thanks!

Joey

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The quantity when you use a 4.x or higher Anyconnect license always shows the maximum allowed by the platform.

This is because Cisco changed licensing to per unique user (vs. the old per-device model) and hasn't developed the instrumentation in ASA software to reflect that in the show command.

So basically it's up to the administrator to know their entitlement and keep the devices licensed accordingly to remain compliant.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The quantity when you use a 4.x or higher Anyconnect license always shows the maximum allowed by the platform.

This is because Cisco changed licensing to per unique user (vs. the old per-device model) and hasn't developed the instrumentation in ASA software to reflect that in the show command.

So basically it's up to the administrator to know their entitlement and keep the devices licensed accordingly to remain compliant.

Many thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: