cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Registering FirePOWER Software Module to FMC. Need Reg Key?

Craddockc
Level 3
Level 3

Community,

I am extremely new to the FirePOWER product and have been tasked with getting it online at my new job. We have the FirePOWER module loaded on the 5545x and the FMC loaded as virtual machine on a server. Im at the stage now where Im trying to register the FirePOWER module to the FMC by using the configure manager add x.x.x.x <reg_key> command in the FirePOWER Module CLI. My question is, where do I get this registration key from? All the documentation says is that its a key required to register the module to the FMC. Unfortunately this deployment was already partially in place before I got here so I have no idea what this alphanumeric key is or where to find it. Any insights? 

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Craddockc,

You can use any combination of alphanumeric as key such as abc123.  Make sure that you add the same key while registering the Firepower on FMC too.

Rate and mark the helpful posts.

Regards

Jetsy 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

This key is pretty much the same as a pre-shared-key in WLANs or VPNs. Just generate one and use the same key in your management-center when you add the device.

Karsten,

Thanks for the quick response. So this "key" can basically be any alphanumeric key I designate? 

Hello Craddockc,

You can use any combination of alphanumeric as key such as abc123.  Make sure that you add the same key while registering the Firepower on FMC too.

Rate and mark the helpful posts.

Regards

Jetsy 

Thanks Jetsy and Karsten!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card