cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reimaging a Sourcefire/FirePOWER 8350 Issue

neilkolar
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to reimage an 8350 appliance.  I have been following the guide located here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firesight-management-center/118308-technote-firesight-00.html.  I can get to the point where the ISO downloads to the system but when I choose the next menu item (Run the Install) I get a screen that says "Cannot find menu.sh.  Please check your ISO."  This happens with both Sourcefire_3D_Device_S3-5.4.0-763-Restore.iso and Sourcefire_3D_Device_S3-5.3.0-571-Restore.iso.  Anyone have any suggestions?

5 Replies 5

Aastha Bhardwaj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I would suggest you to chcek the md5 sum of the iso file that oyu are using and compare it with the one on the cisco website.

Also when you proceed with it do you get error :

"mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0

If hash is fine. I would recommend you to cold reboot the appliance once and then check further. A in unplug the power cables , wait for about 60 seconds and plug the power back in .

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

Aastha Bhardwaj

Rate if that helps!!!

I am using the recovery menu system built into the appliance. I haven't received the error that you stated. All I get is the "Cannot find menu.sh.....". I have tried powering down the appliance and removing all power. I have re-downloaded the file numerous times. I have even gone into the linux side and I see the file there, I am able to mount it and I see the menu.sh. I can vi into it but can't do anything with it aside from that. I should also mention that my Linux skills are very, very, very limited.

Hi,

Try checking the MD5sum of that iso file. the command is :md5sum -c <filename> and then compare it with md5 of cisco website. If you have already performed cold reboot then you might need to try check BIOS option and  try to boot the system boot from HDD.

Regards,

Aastha Bhardwaj

Rate if that helps!!!

Adrian Aron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Neil,

After the appliance reboot, you get into that issue because you have to remount the image from ftp.

Then hit "Install" and should work. I hit the same issue as you and for me worked.

ledfordc_fh
Level 1
Level 1

I am having this exact issue too - and I do not believe that the technical responses are close to being correct. 

I have an 8360 - which is actually just two 8350s stacked.  I was able to update my first 8350 PERFECTLY - with the process outline in the previously linked doc.  Using the *exact same process* to update the second and I keep getting the same error "no  ISO images were found at http://10.0.0.60/share" 

Everything is exactly 100% the same, excluding the host IP for the second 8350 - which is 1 digit incremented.  If this worked for the first - it should work for the 2nd.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card