Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacement Cisco Firepower 2110 - Registered to another Smart Account

RG78874
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have had a Cisco Firepower 2110 replacement device sent to us. We have configured this device and it is up and running BUT we have a license issue.

We put in our License code in to the Smart License Reservation and we have the error message, that the device is registered to someone else's Smart Account.

TAC Support have said that we need to find the owner and remove it of their account. But we do not know who this is, or how to find it. TAC Support said that they cannot find out. So we are now running in 90-Evaluation mode on this replacement device.

Can someone help me in regards to how I can get this Replacement device sent from Cisco licensed on to my Smart Account. And remove it of the random Smart Account where ever that is please.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would insist the TAC engineer escalate the SR. If they refuse then ask to speak to the duty manager.

This is clearly a Cisco fault and the burden should not be on you to track down the original device ownership.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
TAC Support have said that we need to find the owner and remove it of their account. But we do not know who this is, or how to find it. TAC Support said that they cannot find out. So we are now running in 90-Evaluation mode on this replacement device.

This TAC task and Cisco license team to resolve this issue, you do not have contron on RMA Device, so contact TAC and License team explaining the situation, so they can remove the device from other account.

I had call swith some TAC engineers their reply does not make any sense for me. so we need explain them clearly what we need to as you do not have control on the RMA device come from cisco (which is register on different company, this need to sort by Cisco)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@balaji.bandiThis is what TAC Support said and no one is now looking into our request. It is not our fault that the replacement device sent to us has not been removed from someone else's account. We are really stuck and would like to get in touch with someone from Smart Licensing to look into our issue.

Cisco TAC Support reply

I can not remove a device from another smart account. I strongly recommend you get in touch with your Account Manager to assist you with this. I will be waiting for your update if may I help you with anything else.

suggest to email to Csico License team, there is chat bot available they can resolve your issue as soon possible.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I would insist the TAC engineer escalate the SR. If they refuse then ask to speak to the duty manager.

This is clearly a Cisco fault and the burden should not be on you to track down the original device ownership.

@Marvin Rhoads @balaji.bandi Thank you for your replies. So i've been sending emails back and forth and we still did not get anywhere. I have cc'd the TAC Engineer's manager but they have not added any input or even responded.

This was the latest email below, I am waiting for someone from the account team to look into the issue.

"I can not remove a device from another smart account without the administrator's approval and I can not get in touch with them because that is out of my scope. My best recommendation is to contact your account team to assist you with this."

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card