Views
Helpful
Replies

Reports from CSPM 3.0 (for PIX) give no details

mustafa.mail
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed the latest CSPM 3.0 for PIX firewall management, however, the Detailed Network Traffic Report gives the report as follows:

PIX: Detailed audit event records for network service events are not available for the selected device. Verify that the event disposition settings are set to log, or log and notify, for events under the Service Statistics category in the Configure Logging and Notifications panel and that the device-specific log settings for this device are not set to generate debug-level syslog messages.

PIX: Audit event records do not exist for the specified time range. Either no audit events occurred within this time range, you have specified an invalid time range, or Cisco Secure Policy Manager was not operational during this time range. Verify the Start Time and/or End Time values specified for this report and contact your system administrator to determine whether Cisco Secure Policy Manager was operational during this time range.

This report is shown daily inspite of the log and notify options are set correctly.

Pls help.

Regards,

Banno

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the PIX setup to send its syslog message to the CSPM server. Please follow through http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/ismg/policy/ver31/user_gd/log/lrn01.htm#27 and make sure everything's set up correctly. Make sure the PIX is sending debug level logs via syslog.

Hi gfullage,

I'm experiencing the same problem as Banno. I've followed the link that you provided. Though I'm able to receive the syslog from my PIX, somehow the CSPM is not able to capture anything into the audit event records. CSPM by default will have all event disposition set to log, so I can't figure why the CSPM is not able to log down anything in audit events.

Where is the directory that stored the PIX syslog and is there a setting that will direct the CSPM to point to that directory for audit events capturing?

Thanks

Mcklair

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card