Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset FMC to default Factory setting

bibek_deo
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I am not able to deploy policies from FMC , have tried in many ways but issue remains unresolved, I am planning to Reset the FMC  to facory default setting and start the fresh configurations, Pls let me know the process to do the same

I have two FTDs in HA, Do I have to make any changes in FTD apart from  adding manager IP, How to I achieve to get HA in FMC for FTDs,

Your help will be appreciated,

Thanks and  Regards

Bibek

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to aware all the Policies / Objects / Object Groups are stored in the FMC, if you reset to factory all will be lost.

Make sure you have backup  before reset to restore and Configure FTD re-registering.

before doing any further action - i will suggest to raise a TAC case see if that can be resolved any quick fix

- like checking disk space

- any obnormal logs

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi,

I tried with  TAC but it  is not happening ,  Since I  cannot provide remote access due to some security reasons, I have to do it of  my own,

Can you let me know the  process/Challenges to reconfigure FMC , FTDs are in HA

1.What will happen if  I try to delete HA with out breaking it

2.What will happen If I break the HA,I have to break HA as I cannot remove Sensors from FMC until they are standalone

3.Is there any Specific command to reset fmc to default config

Thanks

bibek_deo
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your help, I have reimaged the FMC  and add the FTDs in HA,

Now the issue is different, I could do deployment when Secondary unit is active but could not deploy when Primary unit is active.

Have anyone seen such issues ?

BR

Bibek

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card