Views
Helpful
Replies

Router NAM Card

anantmc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have NM-NAM card installed on the 3745 router. My LAN has several VLANs. If I choose External interface as the management interface then will I need to configure port mirroring to watch all VLAN traffic? In Other Case, if I choose Internal Interface as the management interface, then will I be able to monitor all the VLAN traffic?

Again if I have 4 nos of FastEthernet on the router, How I'll have to configure the NAM card so as to monitor traffic comming from all the FastEthernet?

Will I be able to see the router CPU and Memory utilization through NAM web interface?

Will I be able to configure and see the Timeout details of any perticular host or the server?

Thanks in Advance

B.R.

1 Reply 1

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

For this the NM-NAM Deploument Guide is a good resource: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2706/products_implementation_design_guide09186a00801eb930.html Also look at Table 1 which have the details on the Internal vs External interface diff/adv etc

Currently, the NM-NAM Web GUI do not show the router's CPU/Memory Utilization, only it's own

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: