cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

routing issue in ASA firewall ( GNS3 topology )

Steps away from exam & got struck in routing of asa & router. checked the document. still getting issue.

If enable RIP, I'm able to communicate & nat from out side to inside. But not able to do the same with static routes.

Network object groups,NAT rules & access-lists are in place & works if RIP is configured on Routers & ASA firewall. But not working with below mentioned static routes. Plz help.
5 Replies 5

Luke Robertson
Level 1
Level 1

Your ASA does not have static routes for 192.168.1.0 /24 and 192.168.2.0 /24. It will need them to know where to direct 'return' traffic.

Of course, that depends on how your NAT is configured...

its in place. Not added in images.

About nat, able to ping from outside to inside if RIP is configured. But not with static routes.

Maybe include a traceroute and running-config?

ok. I"ll check. Using in GNS3. VPCS gives asterisks sometime. so not able to make out.

Thanks for guidance.

Mainly concentrating on outside to inside communication. So keeping aside dmz, checked. but now working.

Considering RIP enabled, If inside router is having 192.168.x.x series, & pinging from outside, I can ping till router fa 0/0. not able to reach fa 1/0.

Static route is not at all working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: