cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 : Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) prevents Amazon Workspaces to launch post firmware upgrade 1.0.03.21

ANISHMOHAN77358
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I have RV340 Dual WAN Router and my firmware and I had the IPS switched on in the following mode when the router firmware was at firmware:1.0.03.20

<ips xmlns="http://cisco.com/ns/ciscosb/ips">

<enabled>true</enabled>

<mode>prevention</mode>

<level>security</level>

</ips>

On 5th June, I have upgraded the firmware to the latest version firmware:1.0.03.21. And my grief starts from there. Once I upgraded to the latest version, the IPS was turned off by the upgrade process. After that I have switched on the IPS to the above fashion. To my utter disappointment , Post the firmware Upgrade, I am unable to connect to Amazon Workspaces (AWS). I was able to connect to AWS before June when the IPS was switched ON and the firmware was not upgraded. In the new version, I am unable to connect to Amazon Workspaces at all.

I ran the network diagnostics that come with amazon workspaces client. I observed that the UDP port communication was failing whereas the TCS port communication was showing as Pass. 

I seriously feel that this is a bug with existing router and this needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card