cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 Client-To-Site VPN not working

mydeevel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, can anyone help me to how setup a client-to-site vpn on RV345 router, I've tried many ways but no luck. I already went through the Cisco guide for this on

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5527-configure-client-to-site-virtual-private-network-vpn-connect.html?referring_site=RE&pos=1&page=https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/router...

don't know what details exactly need to be configured in addition to that, specifically on Windows-1o client side.

Many Thanks 

7 Replies 7

thanks for quick reply, I configured as explain in the links you provided, the error I'm facing is L2TP error, I created a User Group and enable L2TP permit, should I setup L2TP server as well? what are configuration on client side (win-10)?

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On the above posted Link one of the post has document with screenshot

yes you need to setup Server on RV side, Client Configuration on windwos side.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

unfortunately I could not get this done, I went through all steps as you explained including client side power shell script, still show

"The L2TP Connection Attempt Failed Because the Security Layer Encountered a Processing Error"

I was thinking may be I need to use free VPN client, do you know any?

any thought?

check do you have any FW on the client-side, which is blocking before we look at the router side.

BB

No, there is no FW

what you see Logs on device side and windows side ?

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card