Helpful
Replies

Scan services have recovered from a previous failure

isaqellari
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are receiving the messages below from CSC SSM-10 Module:

HTTP scan service has recently stopped on InterScan for CSC SSM. Please contact Customer Support for assistance.

ScanServer service has recently stopped on InterScan for CSC SSM. Please contact Customer Support for assistance.

Scan services have recovered from a previous failure. The SSM system is now back to normal.

Scan services have recovered from a previous failure. The SSM system is now back to normal.

I guess the issues has happened frequently ?

Any idea ?

Best regards,

Ilir

12 Replies 12

mirober2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ilir,

What version of software are you running on the CSC module (check the output of 'show module 1 detail' from the ASA's command line).

There are a handful of bugs that can cause the behavior you are seeing. I would recommend upgrading to 6.3.1172.3 and then monitoring to see if the issue persists.

Hope that helps.

-Mike

Ok, Mike

I will try your suggestion.

Thank you for you support.

Best regards,

Ilir

Hello Mike,

I upgraded the module's software from 6.3.1172.0 to 6.3.1172.4 version but the issue still persists.

- LogServer has recently stopped on InterScan for CSC SSM. Please contact Customer Support for assistance.

- Scan services have recovered from a previous failure. The SSM system is now back to normal.

Should I do a total re-imaging of the software ?

Best regards,

Ilir

Yes, I would suggest to reimage the module.

We sometimes see that issue when having patches on it.

I would expect a re-image to stabilize the services.

I hope it helps.

PK

Ok, PK

I'll try your suggestion and update you.

BR

Ilir

Keep us posted.

By the way, the guide how to do it is here http://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1323

PK

Hello everyone,

I just did the procedure but the problem is happening again ...

Do you have any suggestion, if possible.. ?

Thank you and best regards,

Ilir

Hi Ilir,

We have a bug filed for this:

CSCtl21378 - LogServer process crashes on CSC module

There is no publicly released fix for this bug yet, so I would recommend opening a TAC case for this.

-Mike

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your reply and your support!

In fact, before upgrading to 6.3.1172.4, and the software of the module was 6.3.1172.0 I have faced the below error messages:

HTTP scan service has recently stopped on InterScan for CSC SSM. Please contact Customer Support for assistance.

ScanServer service has recently stopped on InterScan for CSC SSM. Please contact Customer Support for assistance.

Regards,

Ilir

hey,

We too suffer from this LogServer problem.  Any news on the bug?  Let me know if it would be helpful if we send debugs, give access or what.

rgds,

Manfred

Hi Manfred,

The bug fix is not integrated into any CCO release yet, but there is an engineering fix available. You can open a TAC case and have an engineer install it for you.

Hope that helps.

-Mike

Any news about this bug?

We are using csc6.3.1172.4 and are getting this errormessage about 5-10 times a day.

(LogServer has recently stopped on InterScan for CSC SSM. Please contact Customer Support for assistance) .

regards

Jarle

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card