cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Secure Network Analytics generate CSR for web certificate

dijix1990
VIP
VIP

How can I generate a csr request for a web certificate? I could not find where it is generated

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to give more information, what is the product you using and want to generate CSR,

each product has own methods, also you can generate CSR from CA and install part of Cert installation.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I should do it for every app? management console / flow collector? or I can do it for SMC only?

SMC (or SNA management console as it's now known) communicates to the flow collectors via SSL/TLS as well as to your client when opening the GUI. Other possible uses are pxGrid which generally uses its own certificate as the template must include client authentication (not usually in most CA certificate templates). So you create a CSR according to which features you want to secure with a CA-issued certificate.

I need a cert only for web access through https

dijix1990
VIP
VIP

It's awful procedure.. I generated csr, sent it to authority centre, got CA and certificate (.cer), but I did mistake and my csr was destroyed.. (before install cert I should have to install cert into trust store ) and now I have to generate new csr... noction flow analyzer has much better instruction 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card