cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Security I have a 2504 wireless LAN controller

blaucournet
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have a main 2504 wireless LAN controller and a backup. I see that it is possible to configure security systems. Knowing nothing about it, I didn't touch anything. What security do you recommend to put in place?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Hi, this is a wide question but some important recommendations:

- Use CA signed certs
- Disable weak ciphers
- Limit access to HTTPS (no HTTP)
- Limit access to SSH (no telnet)
- Limit access to specific IP trusted IPs
- NTP sync is important
- You can go to disable cdp as well.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

I have PCs and wifi guns connected. Of course, there is a password for each WIFI access point and each 2504 wireless LAN controller. Do you have a website or documentation to properly configure the points you describe ?

Hi

If you refer to clients security, the better solution is radius with  certificates. Avoid PSK.

I see in Security, there is a "Radius" section. Does this mean there is a built-in Radius? If so do I need to configure this or install a Radius server?

Jitendra Kumar
Spotlight
Spotlight

you can follow @Mohammed al Baqari statement with recommended options basics.

Further, you can create a separate SSID for guests without giving internal network access.

you can also integrate with Radius using the certificate for more security, you can also use a mac base authentication as well.

Thanks,

Jitendra 

Thanks,
Jitendra
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card