Views
Helpful
Replies

Setup of VAC+ on PIX 515E?

astroman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello-->

I have a PIX 515E with a VAC+ card installed. Any recommendations, or links that I can look at for setting this up to get VPN up and running? I thought that there is a GUI to use, for the VPN setup?

Also, does anyone suggest the use of the PIX Device Manager?

Any help is appreciated....

*ending transmission*

astroman

4 Replies 4

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

PDM (the GUI you've heard about) has a VPN Wizard that'll walk you through configuring the VPN. You don't need to do anything specific with the VAC+, the fact that it's installed will mean any encryption done by the PIX will be off-loaded to it.

Install instructions are here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_61/pdm_ig/pdm_inst.htm

The rest is provided by the on-line help within the app itself. Have fun!

Thanks for your help....

Another question, I'm running PIX 6.1(4) w/ PDM v. 1.1(2). I would like to upgrade PDM to the most current version, I think it's at v. 3? Does anyone know what PIX version I need to be at in order to install v. 3?

Thanks in advance...

*ending transmission*

astroman

Version 3.0(1) of the PDM requires you to have at least version 6.3(x) of the PIX software.

Jeff

r-lemaster
Level 1
Level 1

Is that VAC hardware based? ASIC?

I haven't seen any reviews of the PIX with the VAC. Does it make a big difference? How much do those things cost?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card