cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SFR license issue on FMC

navidn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, would anyone please explain to me how to resolve unlicensed sfr devices issue?

Issue: We have registered all premium features on the FMC with Cisco PLR license, then we added SFR modules to it expecting those will be licensed as well but still not working! I uploaded screenshots from FMC license and SFRs license status.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depending on the model, some ASA Firepower licenses (Threat, Malware and/or URL Filtering) are still available for sale. What models do you have?

The no-cost Control license should have been shipped with all ASAs with Firepower service modules (assuming the order was properly built).

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Firepower service modules ("SFR") are not Smart licensed. They use PAKs (Product Activation Keys), part of classic licensing.

Your FMC license ID (under classic licenses) can be copied into the Cisco classic license portal and used in conjunction with the sfr PAKs to generate licenses. Those licenses can then be manually added to FMC and assigned to the sfr modules.

No PLR is required to do this.

Thanks for your answer, 1 more question.

Rght now that Cisco PAK licenses are End-of-Sale , isn't there any solution to register these sfr modules?

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depending on the model, some ASA Firepower licenses (Threat, Malware and/or URL Filtering) are still available for sale. What models do you have?

The no-cost Control license should have been shipped with all ASAs with Firepower service modules (assuming the order was properly built).

I am appreciated Marvin, specking of PLR , Do you have any information about enabling Stealthwatch Permanent license Reservation way? like script we are using in FMC to enable PLR licensing ?

@navidn - sorry, all of the StealthWatch (Cisco Secure Network Analytics) deployments I have done used traditional licensing via the FlexLM.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card