Helpful
Replies

SFR stuck in recovery

ahmed_saleh
Level 1
Level 1

asa ios asa922-4-smp-k8.bin

SFR img asasfr-5500x-boot-5.4.0-763.img

I have problem with SFR is stacked in recovery i waiting more than 30 Minutes after this i am doing sw-module sfr recover boot stopped

and started proces agin with,

ciscoasa# sw-module module sfr recover configure image disk0:/asasfr-5500x-boot-5.4.0-763.img

ciscoasa# sw-module module sfr recover boot

same issue SFR stucked in recovery

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It will be in recovery mode until you go in via console *session from the ASA) and put the system image on it.

The boot image is just enough to bootstrap but not enough to run the full FirePOWER services image.  

Until the system image is loaded and running, you will see it in recovery.

View solution in original post

You can check the module log to see what's going on:

show module sfr log

The initial boot should be relatively quick (a couple of minutes). The full image may take a while to load (as much as 1-2 hours, depending on the model of ASA).

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It will be in recovery mode until you go in via console *session from the ASA) and put the system image on it.

The boot image is just enough to bootstrap but not enough to run the full FirePOWER services image.  

Until the system image is loaded and running, you will see it in recovery.

Session sfr console

i.ERROR: Failed opening console session with module sfr. Module is in "Recover" state.

I waiting for more than 30 minute 

You can check the module log to see what's going on:

show module sfr log

The initial boot should be relatively quick (a couple of minutes). The full image may take a while to load (as much as 1-2 hours, depending on the model of ASA).

thanks for your support i am doing same  but working fine  

ciscoasa# sw-module module sfr recover configure image disk0:/asasfr-5500x-boot-5.4.0-763.img

ciscoasa# sw-module module sfr recover boot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card